Specialist Contractors – Want To Get Paid? Then Read On…
NO… please don’t do that!
That isn’t the only option: don’t give away what’s rightfully yours!
What you need is a better more effective solution. And in the fight against late payment, your greatest weapon is knowledge.
Here’s our Streetwise check-list for getting paid in UK construction:
- Don’t get involved with Contractors you don’t know or haven’t checked. It takes 2 minutes to research but it could take 2 years to get paid if they turn out to be less than trustworthy!
- Be realistic with yourself about how you will get the job done. If you can’t do it within the specified time, try to renegotiate or just stand back and leave that job for someone else to bid on. Otherwise you open the door for the Contractor to start withholding and deducting payment if the deadlines/estimates aren’t met.
- Don’t assume you know what’s in the contract before jumping in. No two contracts are the same, and there will be dirty tricks hidden in there to dupe you out of your payment!
- If something goes wrong on the job, get it notified because if you don’t, this will only give the Contractor reason to deduct or hold onto payment further down the line.
- Understand the legislation that’s there to protect you, and use it. The Construction Act can come to your rescue when it comes to getting paid fairly and on time, but you have to understand its limitations and its strengths.
- Get expert advice and support at our exclusive seminar this March, where you will learn the 7 Key Secrets to Survival and Success in 2014.
Payment is just one of the areas we will go over in detail on the day of our seminar, so don’t miss out, your business’s survival and success depend on it!
Or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the team in the Streetwise office on +44 (0)1773 712116 for your Priority Reservation.
Join us at an event near you:
Tuesday March 11th – Morning Seminar Cedar Court Hotel Leeds/Bradford
Tuesday March 18th – Morning Seminar at Holiday Inn Chester South
Tuesday March 25th – Morning Seminar at Holiday Inn Luton South
But please be quick because there are still a few discounted places left at only £50 + VAT !
(normal ticket price is £125 + VAT)
And if you are a Streetwise Gold or Platinum Buddy, your entry to the event is entirely free!
We will be sharing priceless knowledge that will ensure you get paid on time and in full, and help you to protect and grow your business in 2014.
Simply email email@example.com or call the team in the Streetwise office on +44 (0)1773 712116 and they will be happy to take your Priority Reservation.
I look forward to seeing you there.
Login or register to access more content: