Training and Seminars
At Streetwise we are always looking to solve Specialist Sub-Contractor’s problems. That includes subcontractors problems relating to training in the construction and engineering industries. Here’s what one of our recent delegates had to say about us;
Specialist Sub-Contracting in construction and engineering can be a complicated business and it’s no surprise that at some point you are going to face problems relating to training.
Our courses provide a practical no-nonsense approach to learning all the basic principles that can easily be understood and used for the benefit of your business on a day to day basis.
We have been successfully presenting courses for Specialist Sub-Contractors for 16 years and we have practised what we preach, because in that time our experts have recovered literally millions of pounds on behalf of Specialist Subcontractors using simple techniques that you can easily learn.
Specialist Sub-Contractors Commercial and Contractual Awareness Training
The following issues can be covered and everything is always thoroughly explained to delegates attending our courses;
· An introduction to how contracts are formed
· What are contracts all about?
· Learn to easily find the information that is really important
· Are you putting the company at risk?
· What role do preliminaries and preambles play in the contract?
· Does the specification take precedence over the other contract documents?
· How to turn conflicting terms to your advantage
· An introduction to standard form contracts
· Learn the important features of a contract and how it affects you
· Are suppliers and sub-contractors avoiding their liabilities?
· Learn what you must do and why you must do it when placing orders
· Are you in breach of contract but don’t know it
· So what exactly is a variation?
· Learn the importance of drawing logs and other information issued to you
· Avoid non payment of variations simply by following the rules
· Are you maximising your recovery from variations?
· What should be included in a variation?
· What rates and prices are you entitled to use?
· Can you agree the price before doing the extra work?
· Learn the essentials about daywork sheets
· Avoid arguments about signing daywork sheets
· The importance of accurate timesheets and site logs
· Getting final accounts agreed can be a battle. How to win the battle and keep the client happy into the bargain
· Avoid the onerous obligations that arise without you knowing
· Learn about the true extent of the professional team’s responsibility
· Does getting your drawings “approved” offer you any protection?
· Why you shouldn’t always do what you are told!
· An introduction to time in construction contracts and how to protect your interests right from the outset
· Are you forced to work to the main contractors programme?
· The deadly effects of out of sequence working
· The importance of delay notices and how to keep them simple
· Should you be concerned about the threat of liquidated damages?
· What is extension of time and can we recover additional costs?
· An introduction to payment in construction contracts
· How can you get paid the right amount?
· Learn how to always get paid on time
· The secret is in the details
· Sample applications for payment
· Can you stop work if you don’t get paid?
· An introduction to claims and the essential part you play!
· Learn the three essentials of a great claim
· How can you prove you have been delayed?
· Disruption will cost you a fortune if you let it
· If you can get the time can you get the money?
· Stick to your guns and negotiate like a professional
· An introduction to the best thing since sliced bread!
· Does this Act apply to your projects?
· Learn how to use the Act to secure your payments
· Are you still being clobbered by Main Contractor’s set-offs?
· What to do about pay when paid clauses
· Adjudication is a fast and efficient way to get things sorted when you know how!
For details about our next public seminar please give us a call for a no obligation chat on 01773 712116.
Or, if you have any questions whatsoever relating to training for subcontractors, then why not use the Ask Streetwise feature on this site to ask our virtual team of experts for help?
Let’s get Streetwise!
Login or register to access more content: