New Year – New Payment Nightmares?
Some of the commentators say construction is still on the up, some say the bubble has burst. Whichever view you subscribe to, we know that many Specialist Contractors are still experiencing Payment Nightmares!
- “Underpayment without reason”
- “Pay when paid and if certified”
- “Spurious contra charges with no prior notice and no detail”
- “Unpaid applications in excess of 6 months”
- “Contractors ignore you, even after repeated threats of legal action”
- “Even large contractors who used to pay on time hold onto payments”
- “Contractors use you to bankroll the contract”
- “They screw you to maintain their margins”
- “Contractors that are in adversarial mode from day one!”
- “CIS deducted incorrectly and not paid back”
I’m sick and tired of seeing good hard working Specialist Contractors like you suffering at the hands of the non-paying, arrogant, bully boy Contractors!
So What’s To Be Done About It?
If Specialist Contractors are ever going to receive the returns that your hard work and efforts deserve, effective action needs to be taken at grass roots level.
- come and join the debate with 2,178 Specialist Contractors in our FREE LinkedIn Group: FREE LinkedIn Group
- already in the group? Then please spread the word to every other Specialist Contractor you know and forward this email to them
- check out the free resources on our web site: StreetwiseSubbie
- in a Trade association? Why not get in touch and see how we can link up
- think more should be being done or got some ideas? Please get in touch
- Buddies, please make sure to use the initial free advice and free Consultancy resources at your disposal.
- let us help you to protect and grow your business,
- and if you’re not yet a member why not email us at email@example.com for details?
Because, together we can make a real difference!
I hope you enjoyed my blog post and that it gave you some food for thought, and I sincerely hope to speak with you soon.
In the meantime if you need any help with any of your business issues, please don’t hesitate to pick up the phone and give us a call on 01773 712116.
Login or register to access more content: